Upgraded precision components. The new Weddle HV2 gearboxes feature upgraded internal components for improved shift performance including:
- Stronger and stiffer billet shift forks
- Heat treated and precision ground shift rails and shift shafts
- Bronze shift rail guides
- Hardened and ground steel shift gates
- Improved HV2 shift rod, ball and cup
Centrally positioned shift rod. We relocated the shift rod on the new HV2 gearboxes within 1.75 inches of the centerline. This enables a simple, direct and efficient linkage from the shifter to the gearbox.
Mid engine ready. We left the original offset shift shaft on the side of the HV2s for use in mid-mount applications. A specially designed shifter and bolt-on linkage are available.
Internalized ball/cup. We relocated the ball/cup mechanism from the external adapter of the HV1 to inside the main case in the new HV2s. This allows the ball/cup to remain lubricated and grime free.
Other Weddle HV2 features include:
- 27mm wide forward gears - all gears ground after heat treat
- Torsional 300M input shaft
- Mid-plate bearing support between 2nd and 3rd gears
- Tapered roller bearings on mainshaft to handle end thrust
- Heavy duty synchronized reverse gears
- Weddle Racing 10" Klingelnberg Palloid ring & pinion
- Optional 934 flanges
- Chevy bell housing option
- Internal oil pump option
See options, gear ratios and technical information here.