Product development is a continuous process at Weddle Industries. Our design team is constantly searching for ways to make things stronger, function better or easier to install.
WEDDLE MD4-2D TRANSAXLE, COMPLETE - PARTS TO BE ITEMIZED PER PICK SHEET "MD-TRANS-PICK"
The workhorse of the off-road industry. Dollar for dollar, one of the best values. A wide selection of Weddle Racing ring and pinions and Weddle Industries’ proprietary 2D gear sets are available, making this trans incredibly versatile. With so many ratio combinations to choose from, the MD4-2D trans can be set up for anything from a short course car to a desert pre-runner.
To purchase this product, please call us
at 805-562-8600 or email us
Questions? Call us at 805 562 8600 or email us.
- Industry proven Weddle Klingelnberg 10" diameter ring and pinion
- Spiral bevel ring and pinion reduces frictional losses and can be run mid or rear engine
- Bronze load bolt prevents ring gear displacement
- 2" narrower than a VW Bus trans
- 300M G50 input shaft (1"x 23 spline)
- 930 or 934 drive flanges available
- External housings cast from A356 aluminum and heat treated to T6 condition
- Housings stainless shot blasted after casting
- Billet aluminum sidecovers
- Bell housing available for top or side mount starter
- Housings pre-drilled for external oil system
- Billet aluminum racing differential available
- Download Drawing
- Download Exploded View Diagram
- 934 Drive Flange option - add $279
- Torque Biasing Limited Slip Diff option - See pricing
- Billet Aluminum Differential option - See pricing
- Billet Aluminum Spool option - no extra charge
- Bell Housing for Side Mount Starter - no extra charge
- REM Polish All Critical Internal Components - See pricing
- Mid-Engine Cable Shifter - See pricing
- Billet Shifter w/Reverse Lockout - See pricing
- Ring and Pinions: 5.43, 5.14, 4.86, 3.88
- Mainshafts (1st & 2nd Gears): 3.11x2.17, 3.11x 2.08, 3.11x1.93, 2.90x2.17, 2.90x2.08, 2.90x1.93, 2.90x1.86
- 3rd Gears: 1.84, 1.67, 1.60, 1.56, 1.50, 1.44, 1.39, 1.35
- 4th Gears: 1.60, 1.56, 1.50, 1.47, 1.44, 1.39, 1.35, 1.30, 1.26, 1.22, 1.18, 1.14, 1.09, 1.04, 1.00, 0.93, 0.89, 0.82, 0.77, 0.75, 0.73, 0.70