MD4E TRANSAXLE, COMPLETE (GLEASON 5.14 R&P, ANY WEDDLE 1ST-4TH)
The smart aftermarket off-road transaxle. It features a 10" diameter ring gear and a much larger differential section than is used in VW transaxles. This greatly increases the load carrying capacity over a VW unit. We offer a wide selection of Weddle Racing 1st through 4th gears for the MD4E, making it possible to choose ratios for almost every application. If you are looking for the next step up in strength over your VW transaxle, this is the unit for you.
To purchase this product, please call us
at 805-562-8600 or email us
Questions? Call us at 805 562 8600 or email us.
- 10" diameter ring and pinion increases load carrying capacity.
- Spiral bevel ring and pinion reduces frictional losses and can be run mid or rear engine.
- Bronze load bolt prevents ring gear displacement.
- 2" narrower than a VW Bus trans.
- 300M input shaft.
- 930 or 934 drive flanges available.
- External housings cast from A356 aluminum and heat treated to T6 condition.
- Housings stainless shot blasted after casting.
- Billet aluminum sidecovers.
- Bell housing available for top or side mount starter.
- Housings pre-drilled for external oil system.
- 934 Drive Flange option - add $279
- Torque Biasing Limited Slip Diff option - See pricing
- Billet Aluminum Differential option - See pricing
- Mini Locking Differential option - See pricing
- Billet Aluminum Spool option - no extra charge
- Bell Housing for Side Mount Starter - no extra charge
- Aluminum Gear Carrier and Mainshaft Bearing Upgrade - See pricing
- REM Polish All Critical Internal Components - See pricing
- Mid-Engine Cable Shifter - See pricing
- Billet Shifter w/Reverse Lockout - See pricing
- Ring and Pinion: 5.14
- Mainshafts (1st & 2nd Gears): 4.13x2.46, 3.75x2.46, 3.75x2.25, 3.75x2.08, 3.44x2.36, 3.44x2.25, 3.44x2.08, 3.44x1.93, 3.11x2.25, 3.11x2.08, 3.11x1.93
- 3rd Gears: 1.84, 1.78, 1.71, 1.67, 1.60, 1.56, 1.50, 1.44, 1.39, 1.35, 1.30, 1.26, 1.22, 1.14
- 4th Gears: 1.50, 1.44, 1.39, 1.35, 1.30, 1.26, 1.22, 1.18, 1.14, 1.09, 1.04, 1.00, 0.93, 0.89, 0.82, 0.77, 0.70